Share This Position With Your Contacts
Gauteng / Western Cape, South Africa - Full time
JOB TITLE THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: CEO
DIRECT REPORTS: None
Are you a proven senior sales professional with solid experience, skilled at building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and building a book of business? Do you want to spearhead your own unit in our company and be responsible for rapid growth and capturing market share?
Shadownet is one of South Africa’s eminent IT infrastructure and Managed Services providers, with a strong portfolio of prominent brands and cutting edge products. We are category leaders thanks to value-driven marketing, product selection and execution. Owing to our steady market position and strong financials, we are seeking Senior Sales Executives to focus on growing our client portfolio nationwide, to execute our strategic planning and expand on our success to date.
The role will focus substantially on a “hunting” function, on boarding quality clients who value our mission of providing 100% uptime. We are the market leader in delivering superior high performance infrastructure relied upon to build our clients’ businesses. Boasting high profile clientele coupled with our mission of radically improving business capability and functionality, it’s no secret that we are passionate about innovating and delivering excellent client service and satisfaction. Key account management is not required, however a dual role is certainly possible if you are capable and willing to maintain client relationships and accounts (naturally this would further your career and prospects for remuneration).
The role is mostly Gauteng and Western Cape based, with flexible working arrangements and scope for remote work, although working with clients and operations teams will naturally need to be in person.
ABOUT THE ROLE – BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE:
This key role focusses on building a book of business, and maintaining client relationships. It requires that sales targets are met or exceeded, within budget. Senior Sales Executives will be responsible for formulating sales strategies and campaigns, and executing them. Research into current trends and technology relevant to the business offering, and marketing these offerings to existing and prospects in order to sell to them. Selling to an existing client base and seeking to expand your own client base by marketing to prospects and converting them to clients.
Responsible for client communication, compiling marketing materials, and sales proposals. Responsible for the entire sales cycle, including relationship building, solution architecture (in conjunction with the technical team), drafting proposals, quoting, procurement and supplier coordination, to internal coordination for delivery of products and services. Liaising with existing service providers, sourcing new service providers, and making use of the products and services subscribed to by the business in order to execute the strategies and campaigns formulated to meet sales targets. Significant creativity, passion, and drive are expected in this full stack, fast paced role.
A successful candidate will have a strong technical understanding, but more importantly, strong aptitude and experience in getting projects scoped and implemented, pragmatically and effectively. You should continuously and proactively spot opportunities for Shadownet to reach clients more effectively.
Qualification in an industry related field and / or a relevant sales degree. Further graduation in business studies, management, or similar areas would be a distinct advantage. Proven track record of meeting sales targets.
At least 5 years experience in sales. At least 2 years experience in the Managed IT Services industry.
- Excellent knowledge of sales and marketing principles, processes and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of presenting industry related information
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Excellent understanding of key business plans and associated requirements
- Excellent knowledge of relevant organisational policies, business processes, and procedures
- Excellent understanding of relevant sales and marketing tools and practices
- Excellent administration, communication, project management, analytical, and reporting skills
- Command of traditional and emerging sales and marketing channels and mediums
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Financial literacy
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Ability to create engaging, meaningful content for various media
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Applying professional judgment and discretion gained from experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Analytical nature using market research to gain insights
- Strategic thinking in developing sales and marketing strategies
- Creative, insightful and innovative
- Results driven
- Business aptitude
- Project management
- Ability to present ideas in simple, effective ways
- Highly self-motivated and directed, confident and dynamic
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven entrepreneurial attitude: hands-on, can-do, creative, experimental
Your compensation will be appropriate for a skilled professional, in a fast-growing technology company. It will be comprised of:
- A reasonable market-related base salary, medical aid subsidy, expense reimbursement
- A substantial commission component, which will form the bulk of your value potential
- Extremely generous annual bonus linked to performance
- The opportunity to shape and grow one of South Africa’s dominant MSP players, as we mature and diversify in an evolving market
- A workplace culture that is relaxed and flexible, focusing on self-motivation, entrepreneurship, trust, teamwork and experimentation
A full job description with KPIs and KPAs is available upon request.