Share This Position With Your Contacts
Gauteng / Western Cape, South Africa - Full time
JOB TITLE THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Service Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
Are you a Senior IT Support and Systems Engineer with solid experience, skilled at providing the highest quality outcomes through the platforms you design and support? Do you want to maintain and nurture your own portfolio of clients in our company and be responsible for providing 100% uptime in their business, and the hero status that comes with it?
Shadownet is one of South Africa’s imminent IT infrastructure and Managed Services providers, with a strong portfolio of prominent brands and cutting edge products. We are category leaders thanks to our proprietary processes and techniques specifically designed to deliver on our promise of 100% uptime. Owing to our steady market position and strong financials, we are seeking highly entrepreneurial, top IT Support and Systems Engineers to provide the very best technology experiences to our clientele, and execute our strategic planning and expand on our success to date.
The role will focus substantially on day to day support, maintenance of infrastructure, and project rollouts. A key element of the business model is that Engineers will be provided with a portfolio of quality clients who value our mission of providing 100% uptime. These clients will be provided to Engineers in order to nurture and maintain in an entrepreneurial fashion. Our entrepreneurial model presents a unique opportunity for Engineers seeking more than just a job. Creative flair and passion for technology while providing great customer service is handsomely rewarded in our business. We are the market leader in delivering superior high performance infrastructure relied upon to build our clients’ businesses. Boasting high profile clientele coupled with our mission of radically improving business capability and functionality, it’s no secret that we are passionate about innovating and delivering excellent client service and satisfaction.
The role is either Gauteng or Western Cape based, with flexible working arrangements and scope for remote work, although working on project rollouts with operations teams will naturally need to be on site.
ABOUT THE ROLE – BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE:
IT Support & Systems Engineers perform a wide range of functions within Shadownet. These include assisting end users in resolving hardware, software, and network issues, diagnosing problems and performing troubleshooting activities across the various technologies and platforms we sell to customers. Additionally, Engineers are expected to resolve network and system alerts raised by our Remote Monitoring and Management platform, maintain systems and troubleshoot a variety of issues. Our Engineers document, track, and monitor problems to facilitate timely resolutions. They are required to ensure that performance and availability of customers’ servers, network, and communication infrastructure are maintained to their highest standards.
Engineers are expected to pursue specialisations in the products we sell and support, striving to be the very best in our industry. These include certifications in our PSA, RMM, VoIP solution, various security platforms and products, collaboration platforms, SaaS platforms, etc.
The role includes being part of project teams who roll out new infrastructure installations and projects at customer sites. Engineers are expected to rely on knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals. Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected in this demanding and fast paced role.
A successful candidate will have an extremely strong technical ability, and importantly, a customer centric and entrepreneurial outlook which ensures client satisfaction and success for all three parties – the company, the client, and the candidate. You should continuously and proactively spot opportunities for Shadownet to serve clients more effectively.
Qualification in an industry related field and/or a relevant Information Technology degree/diploma.
At least 5 years experience in a related role. Extensive application support, and systems design experience
- Excellent knowledge of IT principles, processes and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of presenting industry related information
- Good understanding of key business plans and associated technological requirements
- Good knowledge of relevant organisational policies, business processes, and procedures
- Basic understanding of relevant legislation and industry norms
- Excellent administration, communication, organisational, analytical, problem-solving skills. Interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Strong time management, conflict management, and people skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Uses Initiative
- Good blend of people/task orientation
- Multitask focus
- Customer centric
- Patient with non-technically oriented people
- Results driven
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
Your compensation will be appropriate for a skilled professional, in a fast-growing technology company. It will be comprised of:
- A reasonable market-related base salary, medical aid subsidy, expense reimbursement
- Extremely generous annual bonus linked to performance
- The opportunity to shape and grow one of South Africa’s dominant MSP players, as we mature and diversify in an evolving market
- A workplace culture that is relaxed and flexible, focusing on self-motivation, entrepreneurship, trust, teamwork and experimentation
A full job description with KPIs and KPAs is available upon request.