Share This Position With Your Contacts
Gauteng / Western Cape, South Africa - Full time
JOB TITLE THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: CEO
DIRECT REPORTS: None
Are you a talented and energetic digital marketing guru with a proven track record of creating impactful and successful marketing campaigns, skilled at building and maintaining a digital portfolio of marketing assets? Do you want to take the lead role in building presence, trust, market awareness, lead generation, and client communication?
Shadownet is one of South Africa’s eminent IT infrastructure and Managed Services providers, with a strong portfolio of prominent brands and cutting edge products. We are category leaders thanks to value-driven marketing, product selection and execution. Owing to our steady market position and strong financials, we are seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist to focus on expanding our market presence, create engaging client communication, conceptualise and successfully manage marketing campaigns, and drive lead generation activities to the next level.
This multidisciplinary role requires a highly creative person with keen analytic ability and passion for driving results. Overseeing a multitude of digital platforms whilst delivering the message of our vision and ethos, this role is jam packed with activity and high energy action. Our mission is to provide 100% uptime, and we are the market leader in delivering superior high performance infrastructure relied upon to build our clients’ businesses. Boasting high profile clientele coupled with our mission of radically improving business capability and functionality, it’s no secret that we are passionate about innovating and delivering excellent client service and satisfaction.
The position is open at our head office in Gauteng as a close working relationship with key management roles is required.
ABOUT THE ROLE – BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE:
Oversees all aspects of marketing and representing the business through digital platforms. Ensures campaigns are executed to spec, within deadline. Responsible for formulating marketing strategies and campaigns, and executing them. Researches current trends and technology relevant to the business offering, and markets these to existing and potential customers in order to sell to them. Maintains all digital media platforms and frequently produces content for publication. Markets to existing customer base and seeks to expand customer base by marketing to potential customers and converting them to new customers through engagement. Liaises with service providers, sources new service providers, and makes use of digital platforms subscribed to by the business in order to execute the strategies and campaigns formulated to meet engagement targets. Maintains all public facing media such as but not limited to the company website, blog, social media profiles, and newsletter platform. Responsible for client communication, organising and managing company and marketing events. Compiles marketing materials, proposals, and assists with creating appealing documentation which conforms to the corporate identity of the business. Significant creativity, passion, and drive are expected in this full stack, fast paced role.
A successful candidate will have a strong technical understanding and creative flair, but more importantly, strong aptitude and experience in producing well planned campaigns and executing them pragmatically and effectively. You should continuously and proactively spot opportunities for Shadownet to reach clients more effectively.
Qualification in an industry related field and / or a relevant marketing degree. Further graduation in business studies, management, or similar areas would be a distinct advantage.
At least 4 years experience in marketing. At least 1 year general IT background or experience.
- Excellent knowledge of sales and marketing principles, processes and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of presenting industry related information
- Excellent knowledge of marketing methods and techniques
- Excellent understanding of key business plans and associated requirements
- Excellent knowledge of relevant organisational policies, business processes, and procedures
- Excellent understanding of relevant marketing tools and digital platforms
- Excellent administration, communication, project management, analytical, and reporting skills
- Command of traditional and emerging sales and marketing channels and mediums
- Command of graphic design software packages
- Social media and related marketing use cases
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Ability to create engaging, meaningful, high quality content for various media
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Applying professional judgment and discretion gained from experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in digital marketing media (e.g. graphic design, web design, production, SEO, Pay Per Click advertising, social media, newsletters etc)
- Analytical nature using market research to gain insights
- Strategic thinking in developing sales and marketing strategies
- Creative, insightful and innovative
- Results driven
- Business aptitude
- Project management
- Ability to present ideas in simple, effective ways
- Highly self-motivated and directed, confident and dynamic
- Keen attention to detail